1. How to upgrade the X3 Mark III?
A: ★Please ensure that the X3MKIII is adequately charged (preferably fully charged) before the upgrade so to prevent power failure during upgrade.
Steps to Upgrading via micro SD card:
1. Choose a card with FAT32 file system (recommended).
★ A micro SD card with exFAT or FAT file system also can be used to upgrade the X3MKIII.
2. Insert the card into the card slot of the X3MKIII and connect the player to the computer via USB
3. Copy the downloaded fimrware file named X3_Mark_Ⅲ.fw to the root directory of the micro SD card. (If you have downloaded the .zip firmware pagckage, you'll also need to unzip it first. Of course, if it is already the .fw file, then there is no need to unzip it. )
★ Please do not rename the firmware file. The X3MKIII will NOT recognize the firmware file if you rename it.
Firmware file can be downloaded from: X3MKIII- support center (or click here)
4. Disconnect the X3MKIII from the computer and turn it off.
5. Hold the “Shortcuts” key (the key to the upper left of the touch wheel) and then press the “Power / Lock” button to turn on the X3MKIII. The following firmware upgrade dialog will appear.
Firmware updating Firmware updating successful
★Do not press buttons or turn the dial on the X3MKIII while the upgrade is in progress.
6. When the firmware upgrade is complete, the X3MKIII will restart automatically.
★ It is suggested to delete the X3_Mark_Ⅲ.fw file from the micro SD card after the update is complete.
★ Please update the media library again after the firmware update.
★ If the update process fails, please change to use a blank micro SD card with capacity under 32GB, and directly format it by the X3MKIII before upgrading again.
★ The original file data in the micro SD card will not get corrupted when upgrading.
★ There is no need to update each firmware, and please just load the latest firmware and upgrade the unit directly.
★ You can check the firmware version by "System settings"->"About X3".