6. How to use the K9Pro as a USB DAC for mobile phones?
K9 Pro does not have a battery, it is powered by a built-in linear power supply, you can purchase an OTG to connect to an Android phone, an iPhone or a player
1. K9 Pro input setting: K9 Pro [INPUT] switch to USB gear
2. K9 Pro output setting: switch to the corresponding output port according to the interface used, switch to [HP] on the front panel, switch to [PRE] or [DAC] on the rear panel
3. Connect the phone and K9 Pro via USB data cable (both side and back data ports are available)
If there is no sound after you connect, you need to pay attention to the following points:
1. Mobile phone playback software settings, if there is a USB output setting that needs to be turned on, some devices only have sound when the USB output is turned off
2. Confirm that USB debugging is enabled in the developer mode of the mobile phone
You need to turn on USB debugging on the mobile phone, turn on "Developer Options", and then turn on the "USB debugging" or "OTG" function
3. Confirm that the adapter cable supports the OTG function, and whether the direction of the cable is reversed
4. Since the USB audio of various brands of mobile phones is not uniformly standardized, FiiO does not guarantee full compatibility. According to the above connection method, if it is not supported, it is recommended to try other mobile phones or connect the computer DAC to exclude whether the hardware of individual devices is faulty (such probability of the situation is small), if it can't be recognized when connect to the computer, you can consider return it to us for repairing or replacing.
You need to purchase a Lightning to TypeC data cable which supports OTG function(e.g. FiiO LT-LT1) to connect K9 Pro and iPhone/iPad/iPod, and you can enjoy high-quality music by playing songs.
1. Only support Apple devices with iOS10.0.2 and above. Those with lower versions cannot be supported because of the Apple system's reasons.
2. When the iOS device is decoding, adjusting the volume of the iOS device is invalid