New firmwares are available for the X7/X7MKII/X5III, with big upgrades on FiiO Music!
After about half a year of hard work, our engineers have finally accomplished the firmware update of the X7/X7MKII/X5III, bringing a big upgrade to the FiiO Music app as well as some improvements to the operating system. FiiO Music has now included many new features such as FiiO Link, HWA transmission, and WiFi song transfer. Moreover, we have added the AirPlay receiver function and also fixed the playback issue of some third-party music apps.
New features for FiiO Music:
1. Brand new interface and changeable themes;
2. Supports FiiO Link;
(The FiiO Music app on your Android phone should be upated to v1.0.7(click here) or above, if you want to use the FiiO Link function;
Here is the tutorial of FiiO Link function: click here)
3. Supports HWA transmission;
4. Supports ISO tracks in DST codec (single DSD tracks in DST codec are currently unsupported)
5. Supports Replay Gain;
6. Supports WiFi song transfer.
Improvements on system:
1. Added gesture support; (It can work better with the new FiiO Music app. If you prefer the old navigation bar control, you can set it in Settings -> Display -> Enable Bottom Navigation bar)
2. Added AirPlay receiver function; (It can be enabled in the pull-down menu or in Settings -> Audio settings.)
If the network connection cuts out automatically during use, you may try to set the 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' option to 'Always' (go to Setting -> WiFi -> tap the more functions icon -> Advanced).
Here is the tutorial about AirPlay function: Click here.
3. Fixed issue where the player would pause automatically if it's connected with a RM1 and when the RM1 entered sleep mode;
Update your player right now and discover more new features!
1. The support for the old version of FiiO Music app will be discontinued. And this new version will be updated in accordance with the standalone version (available in Google Play).
2. The agreement of cooperation between FiiO and ViPER's Audio has expired, so we're afraid that the new version of FiiO Music will no longer have the embedded ViPER Effect plugin. However, we've been working hard on the dynamic EQ and will try our best to develop more audio effects.
If you have purchased the ViPER Effects and would like to continue using it, you may download the apk file of the old version, copy it to the player, and then install it through ES File Explorer (this will overwrite the new version). If you have any other questions, please kindly contact us (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: FiiOAudio).
（We've changed the database structure of FiiO music, so the player will transfer data from the old database to the new one during update. And in order to prevent errors, the player will scan the music lists during the transfer and remove the tracks that are not found in the storage. So please remember to insert the SD cards to the correct slot before updating the player, so to ensure that the lists are transferred entirely. ）
Download link for the FiiO Music old version (apk): Click here
And finally, we would like to express our sincere appreciation to many of our users who have provided us with valuable feedback and suggestions during beta tests to help us keep improving the software. Thank you and enjoy the music!
Please visit the X5 3rd gen Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.2.2
Please visit the X7 Mark II Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.0.7
Please visit the X7 Firmware download page and download the firmware FW3.3.6
USB DAC Driver(v4.47.0): Click here
Instruction of installing USB DAC driver on Windows computer: Click here
Introduction of New FiiO Music APP in X5III/X7/X7MKII: Click here